3 February 2022
MTS has introduced a 5G incubation program for startups in AR/VR technologies, holograms, XR platforms, and other solutions for metaverse. The program also accepts solutions in unmanned vehicles and the digital industry.
Startups will have an entry to the IT infrastructure and improve solutions applying 5G and edge computing, two basic technologies for realizing the concept of the metaverse. Program participants will work with #CloudMTS cloud services, edge computing platform and CloudXR NVIDIA, a solution for streaming XR content from a remote server over a 5G network and Wi-Fi to portable devices without quality degradation.
The company will provide developers with equipment for testing solutions in the 5G network, including:
● Rokid X-Craft AR glasses equipped with a 5G module;
● a Dahua video camera that can stream 4K/8K resolution video in real time without delay;
● 5G modules for embedding in devices, routers and smartphones.
We accept applications for participation in the program from teams with a finished product or a product at the MVP stage. You can submit it online. 5G Center residents will receive expert support, increased funds for testing the solution, as well as access to MTS business customers and clients.
● XR in entertainment and education;
● Telepresence for organizing video conferences and video broadcasts;
● AR/VR and holograms for the digital industry;
● Services that use machine vision to solve production problems;
● Ground (AGV) or aircraft (UAV) requiring data exchange with a cloud server.
Startups can launch pilots in MTS 5G test areas in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod and at the production sites of MTS partners.